Aquaman #48

Aquaman #48

Writer: Cullen Bunn Artist: John Dell, Vicente Cifuentes Publisher: DC Comics Release Date: January 27, 2016 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 5

The massive conclusion to Arthur Currys exile from Atlantis is here! Can Mera escape from her treacherous sister, Siren? Will the other-dimensional refugees of Thule be rescued?

Weird Science - Eric Shea Jan 30, 2016

Even though this conclusion to the Thule story came off very rushed and had little to no consequence, I have to say that I found myself enjoying it for what it was............ and while some of that might have been me simply knowing that this was the end of this story arc, it's still a decently fun read with excellent art all the way through. Don't go doing something silly like jumping on to this title here if you've been staying away, but for those of you who have been trudging through this story arc, it's a decent enough way to end it and knowing that we'll be moving on to something new next issue might hype that excitement up a little. Read Full Review

JBL Reviews Jan 30, 2016

Rushed and simple ending

Gizmo Feb 13, 2016

It's was nice to see Aquaman reunited with Mera, but this was a seriously dull way to end this arc. We've suffered this new direction for over half a year and it's amazing how lackluster the climax was, mostly due to the lack of a good villain, the best villain available was shrugged off by Mera. Here's to hoping Dan Abnett can get this title back on track, otherwise it's getting the ol' heave ho.

DXO Feb 4, 2016