Avatarex #1

Avatarex #1

Writer: Grant Morrison Artist: Jeevan Kang Publisher: Graphic India Release Date: July 20, 2016 Cover Price: $1.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 1

Created and written by legendary icon, Grant Morrison, comes his newest hero Avatarex. In Avatarex, the epic world of living myth collides with the mundane realities and cultural upheavals of contemporary India. What happens when an all-powerful super-being awakens to fight the Last War of the Age - only to discover he's been sent too early for the End Days and must somehow learn to exist in a world that's too small and too frail to survive his presence? How does humanity react to the challenges of such a paragon in our midst? Will Avatarex raise us to his level - or will we drag him down to ours? Can the embodiment of our highest aspirations exist side-by-side with our all-too human failings or will the gulf between what we wish we could be and what we are destroy us?

Comic Bastards - Steven Phillips May 27, 2016

Morrison's story could prove interesting moving forward partly because it doesn't show it hand too early. The brief glimpse of action is reserved. Our view into humanity is fleeting, but effective. While the bulk of issue one focuses on amazing sights, it is clearly the setup for something much grander. Your satisfaction with this issue may not match your curiosity for future installments. In other words, this intriguing beginning may only be that — a beginning with an uncertain payoff. Read Full Review

myconius Jul 20, 2016

i had a lot of hope for this . . . . . . . but the beginning was a bit dull, and so was the main hero. . . . . . . pretty art! . . . . . . . things started to really pick up at the end. . . . . . . this just doesn't grab me the way Grant Morrison's 18 Days does. . . . . . . now that's a series i really look forward to every month!!! . . . . . i just wonder why no one ever reviews that series any more?