Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Universe #7

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Universe #7

Writer: Ryan Ferrier, Brahm Revel Artist: Adam Gorham, Brahm Revel Publisher: IDW Publishing Release Date: February 22, 2017 Cover Price: $4.99 Critic Reviews: 4 User Reviews: 5

"Metalhead 2.0" Part 1! Donatello reboots a new and improved Metalhead only to find that the robot no longer functions entirely as designed... for better and worse!

ComicWow!TV - Art Boorman Feb 21, 2017

This is definitely an issue for any and all TMNT fans, so get out to your local comic shop and give it a read! Read Full Review

Flickering Myth - Chris Cooper Feb 22, 2017

I'm really happy with IDW TMNT at the moment. Read Full Review

AiPT! - Nick Nafpliotis Feb 21, 2017

Also, the last few pages of the issue are much better than the rest of it. In addition to a series of beautiful drawn action sequences, the narrative finally releases itself from the shackles of disguising a mystery in plain sight, delivering a knockout punch of an ending. Let's hope the next issue picks up with the momentum this one ended with. Read Full Review

Comic Bastards - Dustin Cabeal Feb 22, 2017

There's an interesting idea here, but the story is stretched out to the point of pointless filler and longwinded conversations. This could have been a solid issue, but it ended up being dull. Read Full Review

myconius Feb 22, 2017

one of the first things that jumped out at me about this comic was how beautiful Adam Gorman's art.
    it has a great cinematic feel, and his figures really look alive. he is great at just capturing expression and emotion so well.

never would i imagined a story such as this!!
    Donatello restoring the Metal-Head body his soul was encased in after nearly dying from Rocksteady and Bebop's attack in IDW Tmnt #44.

this story raises a lot of questions about what is a soul? and how do our memories define us?
    it also touches on powerful subjects like 'Phantom Pains' and 'Post Traumatic Stress Disorder'.
    this is ONE seriously heavy comic!!!!

not only would i HIGHLY recommend this story to any Tmnt fan, but i'd even suggest people who aren't as familiar with the character's to check it out.

i had really thought last month's back up story bout the Foot Clan assassin Jennika was only going to be a one-shot story.
    i was VERY pleased to see it continued in this issue. it had the same quality story-telling and emotion from the previous entry.
    this time instead of Jennika keeping an eye on Raphael, we see her keeping tabs on Donatello. this like the previous issues is very nicely juxtaposed with a history lesson of the Samurai and Ninja of ancient Japan, as well as more insight to Jennika's own personal past.
    the back up story with Jennika also gets a nice little tie-in with Donatello's main story from this issue.

+ LikeComments (4)
    Gizmo Mar 3, 2017

I've been eagerly awaiting the second coming of Metalhead, I knew that Donnie's time in that robot body would have some sort of ramifications down the line, I'm pleased to see that this is where the book decided to go because it introduces some very interesting concepts to digest. I was skeptical at first that TMNT needed this extra book to come out each month, but it is becoming increasingly evident that their world is expanding too much to be contained in just one book and the occasional micro-series. The artwork isn't quite on the level of the main book's, but it tells the story effectively. I'm pleased to see that the backup story turned out to be a little prequel to this issue, all the insights into Ninjutsu are great as well.

+ LikeComments (1)