Incorrect number of arguments for PROCEDURE reviewscontent.get_issue; expected 1, got 0CALL reviewscontent.get_issue() Millarworld Annual #1 Reviews (2016) at
Millarworld Annual #1

Millarworld Annual #1

Writer: Mark Millar Artist: Pracheta Banerjee Publisher: Image Comics Release Date: July 13, 2016 Cover Price: $2.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 2

The first MILLARWORLD ANNUAL-the result of an international creator search seeking the best new writers and artists to tackle MARK MILLAR's extensive library of hit characters. From Kick-Ass to CHRONONAUTS, they're all here in this instant collector's item.

• 7.5 - John McCubbin Jul 11, 2016

Millarworld Annual 2016 is most definitely a fantastic collection of new talent. As despite the low page count not giving them the greatest of scope to tell their tales, they still managed to use Mark Millar's characters in an unique and impressive manner. Add to this the low cover price of $2.99 and I honestly see no reason why Millarworld fans shouldn't pick up this book. Read Full Review

olliequeen Jul 29, 2016

There is some good, some OK, and some plain bad in this annual. First the Chrononauts story is excellent. It is well written and works well with the art style. The Kick-Ass story is quite good as well. It paces the turns it takes in just a few pages is worth the read. Now to American Jesus. I love this graphic novel. The art here is amazing. Unfortunately the story is not good. It barely is a story. It doesn't add anything to the original story. It just sits there. There is really only enough "story" for two pages instead of 5. `The kingsmen story isn't amazing but it isn't bad. It kind of works, but the art isn't overly good. It's just ok. I have to be honest I think I would have liked the Starlight story if I had more knowledge of the characters and original storyline. The art is very unique, and the story works. I just felt like I was missing something without the background. Now onto the Hit girl story, if you can call it that. This felt more like a child's school project than a professional story. It is a complete waste of time.

Gizmo Aug 6, 2016

CHRONONAUTS // PROM NIGHT: This one's hilarious, can you imagine time traveling so that you can get your past self laid on prom night? -- KICK ASS // BLINDSIDED: Not bad, the last panel is kind of funny but I don't think it is intended to be. -- AMERICAN JESUS // UNDEATH: This one's my favourite, it's very creepy and dark, the artwork is cool. Gives you pause to think of the major ramifications of stopping death, even for a minute. -- KINGMAN // THE SECRET SERVICE: This is the worst of the stories in here. It's not terrible, it's just a cliche fight sequence and the whole "what happened to your friend?" "Oh, he had to leave." Plus, the stuff involving the queen was confusing and completely unnecessary. -- STARLIGHT // DUKE McQUEEN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE: This was a good excuse to hear about some of Duke's adventures, and the ending brings home that emotional edge that made Starlight special. -- HIT GIRL // MINDY'S ABCs: This was an interesting idea, I forget sometimes that Mindy is still a little girl and this reminds us. -- OVERALL: Some titles add some interesting incite, others are completely unnecessary and come off as essentially what these are, which is legitimized fan-fic. But for $2.99, I'd say go for it.