The Walking Dead #18

The Walking Dead #18

Writer: Robert Kirkman Artist: Charlie Adlard Publisher: Image Comics Release Date: April 20, 2005 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 3

Rick has gone over the edge. He's alienating everyone around him-people he's come to know and trust, his family, his friends. Rick is becoming more and more isolated within the group. Where he goes from here will test the limits of his humanity.

Comics Bulletin - Jason Cornwell May 9, 2005

While the cover image is downright misleading when it comes to the actual story we get inside, it's hard to be too hard on the image, as it's a wonderfully moody visual that currently ranks as my personal favourite of the series. As for the interior art, Charlie Adlard's work does benefit tremendously from the presence of the character recap page that was included in this issue, as I actually found myself jumping to the back of the book whenever the scene shifted, and when I returned with my new insight, it was quite easy to spot how well these character's personalities are sold by their facial expressions. There's a great shot where Lori reacts to Carl's comment about Shane, and there's an equally impressive look of terror in Andrea's eye as she examines the damage that Thomas did to her face. There's also a wonderfully unsettling visual moment of the damage that Rick did to his hands, and in the grand tradition of the zombie genre, a wonderfully disgusting feeding frenzy moment is Read Full Review

The Villain Sep 24, 2016

There continues to be a lot of drama going on inside this prison with plots to overthrow the authority and a whole event surrounding a man who killed two people. The Walking Dead cast of characters has never been in a worse hole than they are right now.

Killumgood Oct 28, 2016