The Walking Dead #20

The Walking Dead #20

Writer: Robert Kirkman Artist: Charlie Adlard Publisher: Image Comics Release Date: July 13, 2005 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 2

After the earth shattering events of past issues, Lori is left dealing with the choices she's made and the events that have transpired of no fault of her own. Meanwhile steps are made to turn the prison into a home. Things are winding down and life is becoming more bearable. If only they could forget what they just went through.

Comics Bulletin - Jason Brice Aug 2, 2005

As I mention above this book opens with a nice little bit of zombie humour, and while I didn't figure out why the zombie fell down until a closer second inspection of the panels I have to say I enjoyed the reaction of the zombie by the fence. The art also does a nice job of selling the little character moments, from Carol hurt expression when Tyreese tells her that he's not ready to leave, to the cute little bit where we see the dead body in the library springs to life. The big scene where we see a character falls victim to a zombie was also well played, as one is left with little doubt that the character is doomed, and the expressions of the other two character as they realize this are nicely conveyed by the art. The last page is also solid visual to end the issue on as one is left to consider the implications of this discovery. I also have to finally give Tony Moore credit for his work on the covers, as he's does an amazing job of selling a single idea, as Lori's growing sense of iso Read Full Review

The Villain Oct 6, 2016

Just another day in the life of the group. There is a cool moment with Axel. A scene that feels very cinematic. The rest of the issue is pretty great too. Just furthering the adventure.

Mister Bungle Mar 2, 2016