Howard The Duck #11

Howard The Duck #11

Writer: Chip Zdarsky Artist: Joe Quinones Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: October 12, 2016 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 3

• Join Chip (Zdarsky) and Joe (Quinones) as they say goodbye to Howard in a Very Special Issue that is still priced as a Regular Issue!
•  Can Howard outwit fate? Can any of us? Or is the concept of predestination just shorthand for the near-infinite factors in play that are guided, at their core, by free will?
•  Guest-starring Spider-Man, probably.

Gizmo Oct 17, 2016

The final issues. I'm very sad to see this go, it is easily the best title I've been reading out of Marvel. Chip wrote doppelgangers of himself and Joe into the story. Writer Chipp, or course, is thrashing around destructively, killing off a character without good reason and it's up to artist Jho to tie up the loose ends and fix Chipp's actions, who is recklessly playing God. There are a couple cheap writing tricks, but this book is quite self aware about that and executes it in a way that makes it far more interesting than it would have been otherwise. There is also a plot device used that was introduced earlier in the series, revealing how long Chip and Joe had this ending in mind.

Nightmare of Solomon Oct 16, 2016

Mr. Murray AKA Chip Zdarsky somehow manages to stick a decent landing for the end in spite of how much I hate all the "oh, i'm so witty" self-patting he loves to indulge in.

sebastianorellana95 Oct 17, 2016