The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #7

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #7

Writer: Ryan North Artist: Erica Henderson Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: April 27, 2016 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 2

a) This special issue, called "BE THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL," puts YOU in control of THE MOST POWERFUL CHARACTER IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE. Will you fight crime and save the day? Or will you be a complete jerk and use her powers to tell everyone off?
b) I'm serious: these are actual choices, and you have to make them RIGHT NOW? To be Squirrel Girl and fight crime, turn to c). To be Squirrel Girl and be a jerk instead, turn to e).
c) Well, you're in luck vis-a-vis crime-fighting, because Squirrel Girl is going to be facing off against SWARM, a bad guy made out of bees! And that's not all. To learn more about the other bad guys she can face, turn to d)! But if INSTEAD you'd like to stop reading this and get excited about this book and maybe order it, please: feel free!
d) Nice try, but we've got to keep SOME surprises for the book! You decide to definitely buy this comic and see who they are. THE END.
e) What? No, why would you even want to be a jerk? Geez, man, maybe this ISN'T the comic for you. Turn to b) and answer better this time!
Rated T

GAMbIT Magazine - Alan D.D. Apr 29, 2016

I'm going to still keep reading a couple of issues in this series as the lastone left me very enthusiastic, and there's still a part of my mind telling me "it's just a bad issue, no big deal." Read Full Review

Gizmo May 8, 2016

We don't get a lot of choose-your-own-adventure comics. The last one that I read was a Judge Dredd story that was in a 2000AD annual; the Dredd story was, sorry squirrel team, way better than this one. This is pretty cool though, and it's just one issue, so anyone can check this out and join the adventure. My biggest criticism would be that the paths you choose are mostly redundant and often lead to the same things. Often, you can see where choices lead on the same page, so it's not really a surprise as to what path to take. It's only near the end that the choose-your-own-adventure method starts to work and lead to actual unique consequences. The villain, Swarm, is actually a cool character. He's cheesy but unique and imaginative, I don't know why I haven't seen him in more comics before now.

DXO Aug 10, 2016