Alias #11

Alias #11

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis Artist: Michael Gaydos Publisher: Marvel Max Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 3

Jessica Jones is a big city P.I. -- but this new case takes her to a small town where the locals aren't telling her everything she needs to know find a missing girl. And her past as a super heroine won't help her this time!

Comics Bulletin - Jason Cornwell Jul 10, 2002

As I mentioned above this issue is my favorite we received thus far, as while the mystery isn't too far removed from the ones we've seen in the previous arcs, having the book shift to a small town setting made for a nice change of pace. It's also interesting to see Jessica dealing with such cheerful people, as one has to love Jessica's rather surprised reaction to the odd responses that the mother makes to some of her questions. There's also the too good to be true cop, the drunken father who's allowed to make a fairly stirring speech, and the mysterious teenage girl who gives Jessica a heads up about why the missing girl has gone missing. The final page revelation also adds a new twist to the story, as it pretty much makes everyone a suspect, and it also would seem to suggest that the young girl has been killed. Mostly though I enjoyed the cloying cheerfulness of the townspeople, as it's fun watching Jessica being forced to adapt to this odd behavior. Read Full Review

The Villain Sep 3, 2016

Another great mystery issue that feels very much like a movie with Jessica Jones going to a new town in order to find a missing girl. All the discussions between Jones and these new characters are interesting. Most of the issue gives off the vibe that this kid is completely normal and finally in the final frame we see why Jessica Jones is there.

NickNightingale Nov 10, 2015