Jeff Steinberg: Champion of Earth #2

Jeff Steinberg: Champion of Earth #2

Writer: Joshua Hale Fialkov Artist: Tony Fleecs Publisher: Oni Press Release Date: September 14, 2016 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 1
10User Rating

It's time for Jeff Steinberg to knuckle down and learn how to be Champion of Earth-except his head's not really in the game. Sure, his new Voltron-style mech suit is pretty sweet, and he gets his own alien badass trainer to teach him the ropes, and he's in outer space! But he's still hung up on his responsibilities-and girlfriend, Shelley-back on Earth. But hold up, now that all of Earth has seen their "great" Champion (and his not-so-impressive, uh, assets), are they even happy to welcome Jeff back?

We The Nerdy - Chad Waller Sep 13, 2016

One could argue that retreading old ground was a necessary evil for JS:CoE to officially move forward. I wont be making that argument, but Ill acknowledge that it exists. Regardless, this issue is still pretty funny and with it out of the way, well hopefully be diving into some very crazy, very uncharted territory next month. Read Full Review

The Villain Sep 14, 2016

Another great mix of humor with a cast of great characters. Jeff Steinberg is not for everybody but I think this title might be the most perfect comic for me. Steinberg spends most of his time on Earth in this issue and it'll be interesting to see where this book will go. I have a lot of fun with it.