Third Wave '99 #1
Prev Series

Third Wave '99 #1

Writer: James Haick Iii Artist: louis XIII Publisher: Scout Comics Release Date: November 24, 2021 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 1

The story behind the controversial late 1990's Florida surf brand begins here! Third Wave 99 follows surf shop owners Rob Cutler and Jack Reed, along with hotheaded teenager Matt Hurley. This popular surf shop doubles as a support group that helps troubled individuals use surfing as a replacement for other negative and self-destructive habits. Matt's temper has not only hampered his promising college baseball career, but also acts as a catalyst for events that ultimately cause the brand to disappear entirely. Find out the true story behind the rise and fall of Third Wave here!

BREDEEN May 4, 2022

This is hands down the worst comic I have read. Haick has no idea what he's doing and with every page that becomes more and more apparent. He has tried to make something interesting out of nothing here, it sounds like a local legend that he's trying to spice up and failed spectacularly. I actually laughed out loud at one point because of how poor the writing was. Every character feels like one person which is a sign of bad writing, there's zero differences between any of them, incredibly poor and 2 dimensional writing. No texture or soul anywhere to be seen. The art and colors are sub par but generally leave a lot to be desired.
    I thought I might be judging it harshly but was told that anyone that had it in their pull list have all dro more

February