Xerxes: The Fall of the House of Darius and the Rise of Alexander #4

Writer: Frank Miller Artist: Frank Miller Publisher: Dark Horse Comics Release Date: July 4, 2018 Cover Price: $4.99 Critic Reviews: 3 User Reviews: 1

The mantle has passed. The god king is dead. Darius III is now both king of Persia and Pharaoh of Egypt. But a tiger force strikes in Asia Minor on a collision course with Persian forces.

o Frank Miller writes and draws this long-awaited companion to his masterpiece, 300!

o Colored by Alex Sinclair, the colrist for Miller's Dark Knight Master Race, third installment of his Dark Knight Returns master trilogy.

o Deluxe collector format! 48-page, plus cover!

o Features a pin-up by Bill Sienkievicz!

ComicBook.com - Chase Magnett Jul 4, 2018

There is a constant push-pull between the banal and the stirring, one that can only be forgotten about in a handful of pages, but boy are they an incredible handful. Read Full Review

AiPT! - David Brooke Jul 3, 2018

After an excellent third chapter this fourth chapter is a big let down. Read Full Review

Comic Watch - Steve Batley Jul 14, 2018

If this were being made into a movie this would be the part where you'd take a comfort break. Read Full Review

Dani Jul 7, 2018

This issue left a lot to be desired. A lot of things were happening but we did not receive an explanation for anything. Darius is now the King but we don't know anything about him. The last issue did a good job giving us some insight into Xerxes' reign as King. None of that was in this issue. I can't tell you what anyone's motivation is.

On the bright side, there was an epic action sequence in this issue that was well executed however 4 pages from the battle could have been used to develop the characters.

The highlight of this issue was the action & art work. The story line was lacking. We'll see what the next issue brings.

December