Batman #626

Writer: Judd Winick Artist: Dustin Nguyen Publisher: DC Comics Release Date: April 28, 2004 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 2

Part 1 of the 5-issue thriller ''As the Crow Flies!'' Gotham City's underworld is thrown into turmoil as its crime-lords slip into a rabid, murderous frenzy. Is it coincidence--or part of an elaborate and sinister power play?

Comics Bulletin - James Redington May 4, 2004

Its refreshing to see a normal, fun for everyone Batman story. I could give this to a ten year old and they would easily enjoy this comic, its not dark or really scary and its not violent. Batman is himself, Alfred is present and we have two recognisable villains that any Batman fan knows and loves. Its a story that wants to be a Batman adventure, not a lesson in the dark knight. Its a fun Superhero story (did I make my point?), my only real problem with all these arcs lately is how long they are - this arc along is another six issues, again it may well be worth waiting till the trade comes out. Read Full Review

Rhinoeat May 30, 2020

After the disappointment that was Azzarello's run (and after a Loeb run that I personally really enjoyed and was in fact my first Batman comic that I purchased), this issue is a breath of fresh air. Granted I'm a sucker for some Scarecrow, but I really dug the the tone that Winick is going for, and I really like Nguyen's style.

ActionCity Dec 25, 2016