The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #20

Writer: Ryan North Artist: Erica Henderson Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: May 17, 2017 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 5

• This is it! The epic showdown between Melissa and Squirrel Girl, as the fate of New York City - and everyone in it - hangs in the balance!
•  Will Melissa's secret intentions be uncovered? Will Doreen and her friends be able to stop her? Can squirrels TRULY hope to match an army made up of EVERY OTHER ANIMAL EVER?
•  Great news: We have studied each of these questions extremely carefully, and we are pleased to reveal our answers in this upcoming issue of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl!
Rated T

Henchman-4-Hire - Sean Ian Mills May 20, 2017

The latest crazy Squirrel Girl caper comes to a close with the usual style, humor and creativity, but something about this issue felt just a touch lifeless. Not sure why. Maybe it's just me. Read Full Review

Triseult May 20, 2017

Squirrel Girl never fails to crack me up, and this issue was no exception.

CrazyforRAMU Nov 25, 2017

Melissa Morbeck's designed-to-fail plan fails with some minor nudging from Doreen and friends. The finale of a story arc that should have been all about fighting animals minimizes the amount of animal-fighting shown in-panel (less than 3 pages total), replacing it with yet more bickering. Melissa announces her intention to frame Squirrel Girl for all her villainy (and her goal was what again?) to provide an arbitrary and easily-foiled plan for the heroes to work against. There is a fair bit of humor to enliven the proceedings, and the fascinating grossness of nair-ing Tippy Toe, but overall this arc has overstayed its welcome by quite a bit.

Khan/Murdock Oct 14, 2019