The Mighty Crusaders #4

The Mighty Crusaders #4

Writer: Ian Flynn Artist: Kelsey Shannon Publisher: Dark Circle Comics Release Date: March 21, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 2 User Reviews: 3

The epic battle rages on! It's Eliminators vs. the Crusaders. May the best team win!

Chuck's Comic Of The Day - Chuck Mar 24, 2018

At any rate, it's a promising series, and it's certainly great to see these characters back again (there's a splash page at the end that provides some nifty nostalgia for long-time fans), and it lays the groundwork for future adventures. Read Full Review

Comics: The Gathering - Olivier Roth Mar 21, 2018

All in all, The Mighty Crusaders was a pretty fun, nostalgia filled, read and it is something I would recommend to any fans of these characters (new and old). It’s a fun afternoon read that does harken back to days of old where superhero comics could be simple superhero comics, something we don’t see as much these days. Read Full Review

SloboSOY Mar 22, 2018

The fourth part of the Mighty Crusaders is a battle well managed. I liked to see Darkling action. I was pretty impressed by the old Shield beating the Dino Rex. I'm more & more tangled in the character past & present statu. Like for Steel Sterling that I first seen as a duplicate of Shield, and now I'm worried about what happen to him. It's sad that I don't know enough about the crusader for appreciate the cliffhanger like those who know them would have.

Cover - I like this cover, well in link. 2/2
    Writing - I'm more & more fond of these character. At first that was only shield & Darkling, but now I kind of like pretty much all of them. 3/3
    Arts - Ok that's not the best art you will find. But he do a pretty good job. And I like how he handle each fight. 2/3
    Feeling - I will be sad at the end of this short story, because I would want much of them. 2/2

Jeremy Mar 29, 2018

Say it ain't so! According to creator posts on Twitter this will be the last issue of the series, with the other two issues of the six parter filled out by "Archie Superteens VS the Crusaders"...and I'm upset that Archie's latest attempt to bring their hero universe back hasn't stuck. It all comes down to numbers, and even Flynn's large pre-existing fanbase wasn't enough to save the book.

And making it worse is the fact this was the best issue, with some nice payoffs for the first three episodes, as Flynn continues to juggle the huge cast of characters deftly.

Despite my minor gripe with the way Shannon draws facial expressions, he is wonderful with his layouts and fight scenes. There is one in particular where Joe O'Higgins faces off against Dino Rex over two pages and it was my favorite sequence of the short series.

Flynn brought back Mr. Justice as a kind of mystical, all-knowing being (also a nice way to connect the previous incarnations of the characters).

It's a shame that this is it, but I'm glad they tried. I hope they try again, even if they have to create a version of the characters in the Horror universe. The comic closes with the words, "No the
    end--NEVER the end!"

Briton Apr 6, 2018

I enjoyed this series but am fed up in that it turned out to be a 4 issue mini series. I wouldn't have bothered had I known that.

+ LikeComments (3)