The Prodigal Sun: Silver Surfer #1

Writer: Peter David Artist: Francesco Manna Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: August 14, 2019 Cover Price: $4.99 Critic Reviews: 2 User Reviews: 7

Continuing Prodigal's journey home from FANTASTIC FOUR: THE PRODIGAL SUN #1, the one individual who can aid him in accomplishing it is the Silver Surfer. But Prodigal has a history with the Surfer. Witness that now as we see the Surfer, back when he was still the herald to Galactus, as Prodigal battles him to prevent Galactus from destroying an entire world because of his unending appetite.

ComicBook.com - Megan Peters Aug 14, 2019

Each page reads smoothly even with the comic's distorted artwork and blends together into one of Marvel's most intriguing debuts out as of late. Read Full Review

Weird Science Marvel Comics - andynickelsen Aug 14, 2019

A very solid story on the Surfer's past featuring Prodigal. A massive battle of superpowers, and super-powered egos. Read Full Review

losdutchmen Aug 14, 2019

SO much better than the first issue, this read very smoothly and the art was consistent throughout. Nice gratuitous splash page of Galactus. The dialogue wasn’t as sophomoric and clumsy as the first issue and I liked that the seemingly invincible Prodigal was put down by the Surfer, leading to some pent up brotherly revenge in the next issue.

rayonymous Sep 16, 2019

What a joy, I really liked how things have progressed from the first issue. It was interesting to look at where he came from and Prodigal is no ordinary hero, he's a real badass to confront Galactus face to face, and I absolutely loved Prodigal and Silver Surfer battle with each other. He seems foolhardy and prideful for someone who's very old and may be that's why he is more likeable, not to mention his elemental power sets. The comic delivers timely comedic expressions while giving readers more information of what Prodigal is capable of doing on his own, no wonder Silver Surfer has made an acquaintance with him.

YourGreenMuse Aug 20, 2019

A solid issue. I don't find anything very original about this, but it's an enjoyable read.

Wolf Warner Aug 18, 2019