The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #28

Writer: Ryan North Artist: Erica Henderson Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: January 10, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 2 User Reviews: 3

THE FORBIDDEN PLA-NUT PART 2
•  Nancy (human, no powers) and Tippy-Toe (squirrel, no powers) have been kidnapped! Trapped on an alien world filled with alien squirrels, they have only a short amount of time to figure out something - ANYTHING - before EVERYBODY DIES.
•  But that's okay, because Squirrel Girl will rescue them, right? I'd love to say, "Yes, absolutely," but instead I am forced to say, "No way, she's trapped on Earth, she barely knows where they are, and she has to defeat THE DREAD DORMAMMU before she can go anywhere!"
•  And with LOKI standing in as Sorcerer Supreme, it's not like this battle is going to more

AiPT! - Brian Clements Jan 11, 2018

This is the most insane, roundabout way of getting out of Dormamu's trap and I am in awe of the thought process involved. Read Full Review

Henchman-4-Hire - Sean Ian Mills Jan 13, 2018

Funny, weird and very inventive, the new issue of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl uses space madness and multiple guest stars to have the same great fun we already love. Read Full Review

Herushalaim Jan 17, 2018

This was pretty good. I didn't like how Dormammu's portion of the issue felt like wheel-spinning or the inconsistency of Drax's character or the minor continuity problems. But it wasn't bad enough to hurt my reading experience.

CrazyforRAMU Jul 27, 2018

Doreen and Loki get to the Squirrel Planet, recruiting Drax along the way, Nancy twigs to the fake surfers' scam and proposes a counter-scam, and the *real* Silver Surfer shows up, causing cliffhanger-y Problems. All that happens in a remarkably small number of pages at the end; the front of the book delivers an absurd and funny but undeniably superfluous foiling of Dormammu. "Seinfeldian" is the adjective I gravitate to when describing this issue's tone. It's a good comic, but it's pulled down from its full potential by its digressive pace and some art that feels rough even by the standards of this title.

ÜberGinger Jan 12, 2018