The Whispering Dark #1
Prev Series Next

The Whispering Dark #1

Writer: Christofer Emgard Artist: Tomas Aira Publisher: Dark Horse Comics Release Date: October 24, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1
N/AUser Rating

An Army pilot confronts a supernatural horror in this thriller in the tradition of Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness and Coppola's Apocalypse Now!

Hannah Vance believed her faith in God could survive anything. But when her helicopter is shot down behind enemy lines, she will fight and kill on an ever more savage battlefield, desperate for a way home. On the horizon, an evil waits for her-and freedom, of a sort.

o Emgård was a writer on Battlefield 1 and Star Wars Battlefront II!

o Aira was an artist on War Stories and Night of the Living Dead: Aftermath!

Comic Crusaders - Johnny "The Machine" Hughes Oct 10, 2018

If I was honest, I would say that war comics don't really float my boat, especially as the aforementioned tropes in play seem too familiar. That said, Emgard has created a character in Hannah that you want to see survive and rise above the impacts and horrors that she will undoubtedly see and take part in. Coupled with Aira's storytelling ability, you have book that may well be greater than the sum of its oft used parts. Read Full Review

Be the first to rate this issue!

Click the 'Rate/Write A Review' link above to get started.

October