The Walking Dead #185

Writer: Robert Kirkman Artist: Charlie Adlard Publisher: Image Comics Release Date: November 7, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 2 User Reviews: 6

On guard. Things are quiet at the Hilltop, but there is a storm brewing on the horizon.

Sequential Planet - Pashtrik Maloki Nov 8, 2018

The book is still good with its great characters, fantastic dialogue and decent art. But unnecessary subplots, "edginess" and underdelivering on the expectations constantly plague the overall experience. Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Charlie Ridgely Nov 7, 2018

We don't need an entire subplot of a teenager complaining about not having sex. It feels fake and forced, and does nothing but distract from the actual meat of the book. In other words: Kirkman needs to do a better job of trimming the fat. Read Full Review

YourGreenMuse Nov 11, 2018

I was not as perturbed by the teenager complaining about not having sex subplot... But I will be when it goes down the road it's obviously going down. Otherwise, this issue was fine. Kirkman was never the best writer so the emotions fall a little flat, and they couldn't give Rick a less brain dead look for that large spread of him crying? Also, I'm so sick of characters smiling because things are so normal, and therefore great. Almost every single issue has this, can we please stop? Making this observation once or twice is fine, but every issue? And it's always the same exact grin on everyone's dumb faces. Anyway, I hope this leads to something more fun soon.

The Walking Dead keeps trudging along to the inevitable conflict between our survivors and the CommonWealth. Dwight makes his position clear that he wants to take over while Rick doesn't want to run a system that works despite its inherent flaws.

The entire issue centers around these two perspectives. Obviously, Common Wealth isn't perfect but is it worth tearing down. Dwight instigates a huge flare up between the citizens and the army which nearly leads to a riot. He's arrested but tells Rick that it was a test to see if the people of the Common Wealth are ready to take the next step. It's a weird situation where we have conflict could be easily avoided but is brewing anyway. It's a wonderful indictment on human nature.

xs-tech Feb 3, 2019

Still laughing at the Rick crying drawing. It was so unnatural.

sebastianorellana95 Nov 7, 2018