The Walking Dead #188

Writer: Robert Kirkman Artist: Charlie Adlard Publisher: Image Comics Release Date: February 6, 2019 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 3 User Reviews: 6

"FALLING INTO PLACE": It's time to learn, once and for all... is Princess friend or foe?

ComicBook.com - Brandon Davis Feb 6, 2019

Robert Kirkman continues on a roll with the Commonwealth story and, although it has had its speed bumps, issue #188 should be the "Full Speed Ahead!" kick the book needs. Read Full Review

IGN - Jesse Schedeen Feb 6, 2019

The Walking Dead #188 is a solid addition to the series, but one that doesn't provide the momentum boost needed. Read Full Review

Comic Watch - Nicholas Osborn Feb 10, 2019

The Walking Dead #188 focuses on the many moving pieces surrounding the approaching trouble within the Commonwealth, but it unfortunately just doesnt offer much in terms of substantial developments. Read Full Review

I took a couple of months off from reviewing The Walking Dead but kept it on my pull list.

I'm glad I did because this issue was great. The tensions building within the commonwealth continues to escalate toward full-scale civil war.

Mercer the chief of security is imprisoned for mutiny. Rick and Michonne discuss their options. Rick feels guilty and believes that the introduction of their group into the commonwealth community has sparked the division.

Carl's group happens to run into Princess and they deal with a zombie heard. On top of all of the other subplots, we get a nice cliffhanger for the next issue.

The comic never lets up this month. The tension ramps up and all of the characters f more

YourGreenMuse Feb 6, 2019

This series continues to move at a glacial pace. It seems like more and more, we're in for a ton of issues of build up that doesn't do much to excite the reader followed by a few genuinely exciting issues. That's been the Walking Dead for quite a while now.

Kevinrick Feb 6, 2019