Savage Avengers #22

Writer: Gerry Duggan Artist: Patrick Zircher Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: July 21, 2021 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 2 User Reviews: 6

Conan and Ghost Rider get to the bottom of Nightmare's machinations and his werewolves' origins...and Johnny Blaze isn't the first Ghost Rider that Conan has encountered - he knew one back in Hyboria that rode around on a GIANT SPIDER. This chapter proves you can't spell "flashback" without the "AAH!"
Parental Advisory

ComicBook.com - Adam Barnhardt Jul 21, 2021

Combined with something seriously killer art from Pat Zircher, and Savage Avengers #22 is a stellar return to form for this title. Read Full Review

Major Spoilers - Matthew Peterson Jul 27, 2021

This reads like a Conan comic that just happens to have Johnny Blaze and his fiery counterpart in it, and as such, I like it a lot, though the art leaves a bit to be desired. Read Full Review

Fracadactyl Jul 21, 2021

Conan goes through some weird stuff that some fans will find familiar. Thankfully one of those familiarities comes with the fear of Conan dying alone and weakened in old age. But this doesn't seem to bother him that much. It's like he resigned himself to this fate and isn't going to let some demon hold that over him. In fact it presents the height of the legend that is Conan, a constant that can almost never be stopped only for a tragic fate to befall him during his reign as king.

DDJamesB Jul 21, 2021

Savage Avengers coming in with another pretty solid issue. Its been on a roll. It feels like it found its groove and Conan is highly entertaining.

Psycamorean Jul 26, 2021

After a bunch of legitimate filler issues, some better than others, we get a story that actually at least portends that progress of the series' main plot is coming! I had a good time. And I really hope we can get back on track after this series has felt aimless all year.

Adsun22 Jul 23, 2021