Spider-Men II #4

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis Artist: Sara Pichelli Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: November 15, 2017 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 2 User Reviews: 9

• Miles vs. Miles!
•  The chaos of the moment is threatening to tear Peter's life apart. Can he possibly allow Miles to continue on as Spider-Man?!
•  Does Peter even have a choice anymore?

Black Nerd Problems - William Evans Nov 16, 2017

This wasn't a bad issue, just not much happened to move the story that couldn't have been done in another way. Some cool possibilities were left on the table or at least punted for the conclusion. We'll see if things tie up nicely in last issue or if the slow movement of this issue will benefit the story's ending. Read Full Review

IGN - Jesse Schedeen Nov 16, 2017

This series looks phenomenal under Pichelli and colorist Justin Ponsor, but that's not enough to save it from being a major disappointment. Read Full Review

DDJamesB Nov 16, 2017

While not a bad story, we should be a lot farther into this saga then we are already. We literally saw this plane scene in the first book and with the last issue being a total flashback we really should have gotten farther in the story than this. It's always nice to see Peter and Miles interact so if you are a fan of the two, this will be a good read. Hopefully, the next issue wows or we probably could have done without another Spider-Men. Which is a sad thing for me to say.

CrazyforRAMU Jun 9, 2018

616-Miles's goals become clear and the Spideys tee up to where they were in #1. Though it's been interesting to learn about 616-Miles and his multiversal obsession, this is terribly weak as a Spider-Men story. It barely connects to Miles and doesn't connect *at all* to Peter. Sara Pichelli's art remains outstanding, with the notable exception of a few pages suffering from dreadful panel layouts. This series seems like a misfit toy: The structure is too complex for a month-to-month ongoing, but the story isn't dense enough to make it satisfying as a trade or GN.

Herushalaim Nov 20, 2017

Not much happens in this issue and the dialogue is Bendis to the degree that it feels like he's purposefully wasting time to stretch out a story that did not need 5 issues. In fact, I don't think this is a story that needed to be told at all.

Dakovski Nov 16, 2017