Crimson Flower #1
Prev Series Next

Crimson Flower #1

Writer: Matt Kindt Artist: Matt Lesniewski Publisher: Dark Horse Comics Release Date: January 20, 2021 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1
N/AUser Rating

From New York Times-bestselling Mind MGMT creator Matt Kindt and Matt Lesniewski (The Freak) comes a brand-new, mind-altering journey through Russian folk tales, trained assassins, and government conspiracies.

After losing her family in a violent home invasion, a woman uses folk tales to cope. In a blood-soaked journey toward revenge, she tracks down the man responsible for her family's deaths, only to discover a startling government plot-to weaponize folk tales and use them to raise children into super assassins.

Doom Rocket - Micky Rivera Dec 9, 2020

Crimson Flower is such an odd book, both artistically and narratively. Furiously spinning within is an unidentified Slavic whirlwind on a revenge-fueled rampage. This urban folktale woven by Kindt and Lesniewski crackles with peculiar energy like an unfamiliar daydream"I want to know what it all means but they are spare with the details. What we get is more than enough though: a dose of childhood trauma, a measure of magical realism, and a whole bucket of cold Russian ass-kicking splashed in our faces. Read Full Review

Be the first to rate this issue!

Click the 'Rate/Write A Review' link above to get started.

January