Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #17

Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #17

Event\Storyline: Damnation Writer: Peter David Artist: Will Sliney Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: April 11, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 3

DAMNATION TIE-IN!
•  For years, MEPHISTO has had a fascination with the Parker clan...
•  In this issue, does the King of Hell claim the ultimate prize? The soul of a certain wall-crawling, web-slinging friendly neighborhood Spider-Clone?!

ComicBook.com - Christian Hoffer Apr 11, 2018

This still isn't a very good superhero comic, but I enjoyed Will Sliney's artwork, especially in the first couple of pages as Reilly contemplates the consequences of his (many) poor decisions. Read Full Review

SloboSOY Apr 12, 2018

Once again I will have to defend peter david. And he make things way easer with this very good issue.
    A issue about hero ... What is the good move for a hero ? Betray the Midnight son & save Abigail & is soul or Betray Mephisto and let a little girl really sick ? It's a fair question. And at one Point I wonder if Ben like Strange didn't have a false look of what happen he that was him & not Kaine who was Damned. I like the use of the Holy water use. And I find it nice how Peter david live Ben join once more the midnight son for the end of Damnation.

Cover - 2/2 related to my reading & very nice.
    Writing - Peter david give another kind of doubt to ben. I regret he wasn't the hero I know (For that I would never forgive Slott).
    But I find is use very interesting. And that make a very good brave & courage's moment ! 2.5/3
    Arts - The art is not perfect, but do well the job. 2.5/3
    Sentiment - A good add to Damnation. Not a "you have to read it now", but a "That give another useful information". And I see what Peter david do teasing a mysterious help for Aunt June. He harden the subplot for his next issues. 1/2

MKW69 Apr 11, 2018