Iron Man #6

Writer: Warren Ellis Artist: Adi Granov Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: March 29, 2006 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 6

This is it...the pulse-pounding conclusion you've been waiting for! As the new Iron Man battles the foe who nearly brought him to death's door, the Extremis serum takes its toll on his system. And who exactly is behind the Extremis leak? The answer might surprise you! Part 6 (of 6).

Comic Book Revolution - Rokk Krinn Apr 2, 2006

The Bad: Having said that, do we think that Adi Granov is the right artist for Iron Man? No. Like Alex Ross, I think Granov's style fits a more realistic comic than a hi-tech sci-fi comic like Iron Man. I don't think that Granov's Iron Man looks particularly great. Nor do I think his wonderfully realistic painting fits the theme and look of Iron Man. Adi Granov is an extremely talented artist who is simply on the wrong book. Read Full Review

Criminology. May 7, 2021

Extremis is one of those character arcs, that defined an era . It was pretty much the hox/pox for iron man at that point. It totally refreshed the character of Tony Stark, while also not drastically changing him and keeping his core in tact. Warren Ellis took his Iron man to the next logical step in his evolution and introduced a lot of new ideas, compatible with the character and his significance, which the run that followed was pretty much build upon(which btw is also quite great).

Same can be said about Adi Granov , who brought a distinct visual style with his dark, smeared and slick realism to the series , setting an unique , but fitting tone for the arc and again influencing a lot of future Iron man comics.

F more

Ryan Aug 5, 2019

Warren Ellis’ Extremis arc went out with a whimper, and honestly Iron Man 3 was so much better. The areas pretty good all and all but I’m not a fan of the Maya Hansen twist on the last couple pages

Green Goblin Apr 18, 2021