Marvel Comics Presents #7

Writer: Charles Soule, Ryan North, more Artist: Paulo Siqueira, Alessandro Vitti, Rod Reis Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: July 31, 2019 Cover Price: $4.99 Critic Reviews: 3 User Reviews: 7

Welcome to the 21st century! A new age dawns for Logan in his mission to stop the demon Truth! Iron Man faces the biggest financial crisis of his lifetime! And a hero reborn for a new millennium, the Winter Soldier returns in brand-new tale by D.C. Pierson (Crap Kingdom, Captain America: The Winter Soldier) and Alessandro Vitti (Secret Warriors)!

Weird Science Marvel Comics - andynickelsen Jul 31, 2019

The strength of the fabulous first and third story featuring Wolverine and Winter Soldier make up for a second story that didn't quite hit the mark. I highly recommend this issue nonetheless. Read Full Review

Newsarama - Justin Partridge Aug 1, 2019

Marvel Comics Presents hasn't had an "essential" issue just yet, but at least Issue #7 shows that it's willing to try different tacts along with the seralized aspects. Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Adam Barnhardt Jul 31, 2019

An international espionage thriller of sorts, this short story sets up a massive arc for next month. Read Full Review

Spacey Medicine Sep 3, 2019

I went into this genuinely hoping Iron Man would fight the concept of a recession, and I’m a little sad he didn’t! Winter Soldier story was weird, so that drags everybody down.

Kalaoui Aug 5, 2019

This was actually pretty good. Soule is hit or miss with Wolverine and this chapter is a bit better this time and I think it will read better as a collected edition. Siquera's art is a delight to look at.
    Subprime Mortgage Man is my new favorite villain and I thought it was a very clever story up until the end when it fell apart and went against its own narrative. Still credit to Ryan North for a pretty great idea and almost perfect chapter that ended up tasting just as bad as the 2008 meltdown. Rod Reis's art is a great match and the facial expressions were well done!
    Now the Winter Soldier chapter was the weakest in my opinion and forgettable.

YourGreenMuse Aug 5, 2019

The Wolverine story was okay. I like the Iron Man story, but it was a bit weird in the end. I appreciate the sentiment though. The Winter Soldier story was a bit nonsensical, however.

Lock Jul 31, 2019