Venom #153

Writer: Mike Costa Artist: Gerardo Sandoval Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: August 9, 2017 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 3 User Reviews: 5

"THE LAND BEFORE CRIME" CONCLUDES!
•  Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote are having a tough time sticking together, biologically speaking. Fortunately, the fine folks at ALCHEMAX are working on a cure!
•  Eddie just has to find and stop Stegron the Dinosaur Man from turning New York into a raging army of dinosaurs for them!
•  Luckily, MOON GIRL AND DEVIL DINOSAUR are around to help! I wonder if they realize Stegron can control dinosaurs in addition to turning people into them.

IGN - Jesse Schedeen Aug 9, 2017

Venom has improved quite a bit in recent months, even if the artwork tends to struggle whenever Eddie Brock is out of costume and not clobbering dinosaurs. The tone is silly, yet tinged with a necessary darkness as Eddie and the symbiote slowly come to terms with one another all over again. The challenge for this series going forward will be balancing nostalgic comfort with an ability to push Venom in new and unexpected directions. Read Full Review

Bleeding Cool - Joshua Davison Aug 11, 2017

Venom #153 isnt a brilliant comic, but its a lot of fun. After some of the underwhelming reads this week has brought me, Venom perfectly satisfied me. It didnt do more, but at least it didnt do less. Its a good ride, and I can give it a recommendation. Read Full Review

Superior Spider-Talk - Eric Wilson Aug 15, 2017

What does Venom's "The Land Before Crime" arc have in common with Little Foot's mother? I'm glad they're both gone so we can move on with a more interesting story. Read Full Review

Rick Jonez Aug 10, 2017

Pretty much agree with IGN - Jesse Schedeen Aug 9, 2017. The stability serum offers interesting possibilities and hopefully Liz stays on as recurring supporting cast along with the serum maker, whatshisname.

DDJamesB Aug 11, 2017

A totally ok issue. Nothing to fancy or great, but nothing horrible either. The art is pretty decent and Venom seems to be getting better as the series rolls on.

CrazyforRAMU Mar 11, 2018

Venom and Moon Girl do surprisingly credible teamwork to overcome the Stegron threat. Mike Costa's script has a nice pace, a very in-character role for Moon Girl, and some slightly on-the-nose allegories about Eddie's current relationship with the symbiote. Gerardo Sandoval's art is functional, but I admit the announcement that Paulo Siqueira is taking over next issue is very welcome news.

Jason The Dude Mar 6, 2018