Gideon Falls #24

Writer: Jeff Lemire Artist: Andrea Sorrentino, Dave Stewart Publisher: Image Comics Release Date: August 19, 2020 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 15

2019 EISNER AWARD WINNER, BEST NEW SERIES

"WICKED WORLDS," Part Three
Sheriff Clara is trapped in "western" Gideon Falls. She's holding her own with a six-gun, but a six-gun isn't much help against a tidal wave of killer bugs!

ComicBook.com - Chase Magnett Aug 19, 2020

It's easy to get swept away in the affair tracing these panels so quickly that when the end arrives you can't wait to turn the next page. Read Full Review

Spacey Medicine Aug 29, 2020

Well I, for one, love and fear the smiley dudes. This one was a bit of a rush though.

Deadlybeavis Sep 7, 2020

Comic is really good, but I'm starting to feel it's worn out it's welcome.

Hellblazer Aug 20, 2020

Definitely not the best issue of the series based on probably the least interesting character of the series and does not really contribute to the narrative except that the barrier between dimensions has been broken as can seen when Clara jumps. Apart from that it was not really great but still enjoyable especially for its art. I'm pretty sure it will pick up on the next issue

ohhaimark Aug 19, 2020

Clara is like the least interesting Gideon Falls character, so having an entire issue based around her was bound to be below average. This is just sort of one big action scene with some cool imagery. Nothing I'd complain about, but I know this series can be so much better.

Liem Duong Aug 19, 2020

First off, the covers are fire. Just noticed for the last few issues the cover kind of hints what the issue will be about. Anyways, yeah another great issue. It seems our cast of characters after the last arc has been cast into different realities, and all are trying to find a way out. Well now we are dealing with our police chief or whats left of the police chief, Rebecca and her scary ass journey in a wild west zombie/cockroach fest.

I still have no idea whats going on, but its still a fun-ass, high stakes, crazy story that has been maintained for its entire run. Sorrentino? Man, he is like the successor to Ivan Reis. His art style, his paneling, use of shapes and panels, its so unique and delicate, and he is an absolute maste more

DDJamesB Aug 20, 2020

Very entertaining but really did not do a single thing overall plot wise until the last page. It looked great and I was interested but probably the weakest issue in the whole series.

YourGreenMuse Aug 20, 2020

I didn't like this issue much. Not much actually happened and the setting wasn't fleshed out like the futuristic one in the last few issues. Plus, I don't think the art conveyed the story properly at a few points. It led to me re-reading pages to figure out the connection. And yeah, this just wasn't very good.

Josecab79 Aug 19, 2020