VS #2

Writer: Ivan Brandon Artist: Esad Ribic Publisher: Image Comics Release Date: March 14, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 3 User Reviews: 4

With fresh augments and new sponsors, Satta Flynn is ready for his big comeback fight. But while war never changes, fame is a fickle mistress. Can Satta reclaim the spotlight?

The Brazen Bull - Dave Robbins Mar 14, 2018

This is an action set piece written about an action set piece of a televised and sponsored war that will never end as long as the ratings hold up. It's all fun and games when somebody loses an eye. Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - JK Schmidt Mar 14, 2018

The story is starting to pick up as we learn more about the world and the main players, intriguing enough to come back for another round next month. Read Full Review

Bleeding Cool - Joshua Davison Mar 16, 2018

VS #2 badly underperforms, and the first issues positives are absent, leaving only the myriad of problems. The lead is dull, the visual design is a mess, and the story is incoherent. I cant recommend this one. Give it a pass. Read Full Review

Bill Blaze Mar 14, 2018

Wow, what a spectacle! This issue is awesome. Written like you're watching a live paperview match-up complete with annoying advertisements and sponsorships. In a hyper capitalist techno-fascist society where basic civil services has a price. Plus the artwork is phenominal. Great job, guys.

SloboSOY Mar 15, 2018

So now just after reading issue 1, I take issue 2 ... I was scared to be lost again & at first that was the case. But they succeed to bringing us to speed on what happen. I like this ex-Veteran heroes of a game come back when nobody really waiting for him. And I like to see him made mistake with a ally more capable than him. I didn't understand how is rating take such progress but I trust we will see.

Cover - The variant. 1/2
    Writing - Better. And it's hit me than Image titles are more suitable for TPBs than floppy. I take more pleasure read it following each other quickly than waiting for each month. 3/3
    Arts - A instant kill. Love it. 3/3
    Feeling - Would love to see a RPG book for this univers. I want to see more of it. I'm not sure if I will take the following in floppy or wait for the TPB. 2/2

AshWatson Mar 14, 2018

Confusing and aimless. Beyond the basic premise that rips off 1999'S Unreal Tournament I have no idea what the hell is going on.

Points for Esad Ribic's art alone.

Veido Mar 17, 2018