U.S.Agent #4

Writer: Christopher Priest Artist: Georges Jeanty Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: March 31, 2021 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 8

Conflicting visions of America intersect in a small mining town where long-buried S.H.I.E.L.D. secrets are unearthed, forcing a confrontation between John Walker and his own sister, who has commandeered powerful weaponry she is poised to unleash on the townsfolk Walker has sworn to protect.

ComicBook.com - Connor Casey Mar 31, 2021

Why U.S.Agent continues to be told in such a deliberately obtuse way (constant flashbacks, multiple narrators) I'll never know. Read Full Review

Merlyn Mar 31, 2021

Priest is one of my favorite writers and I want so badly to like this more but I just can't. He deliberately tells the story in a disjointed way, I know this because he did it in Deathstroke too but that doesn't make his writing likable nor does it make it very smart, not here. And he doesn't seem to be very convinced himself of what messages he's trying to put forward. Also the fact that we have these awesome covers from Cecchetto and that mediocre art inside just makes me angry.

C.V.R. The Bard Mar 31, 2021

If the last issue was focused on ethnic tension, then this this was focused on the dangers of drug abuse playing into the overall theme of disgrace in a country where for some you can easily make more of a living by being relieved of duty. But even that comes with cost.
    With sky dragons raining out the sky on the final page , Priest has mastered the art of the cliffhanger. The cows getting shook also is further proof Priest & his gang are masters of the splash page, prior to reaching the end of this rag.
    I finally have the name of the official U.S. Agent (Saint) stuck in my head, and his Benjamin Button backstory (basically) helped to set him apart.
    Yeah, U.S. Agent never seems like much ; but just like when I was 1st was more

Psycamorean Apr 5, 2021

Not as good as last issue, but not terrible.

Pantheon36 Apr 25, 2021