Black Panther #21

Writer: Ta-Nehisi Coates Artist: Ryan Bodenheim Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: February 26, 2020 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 2 User Reviews: 12

THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA "WAKANDA UNBOUND" Part 3!
THE FINAL BATTLE FOR THE MAROONS!
While the King of Wakanda fights against his own in the plane of Wakandan memory, N'Jadaka's invasion continues - and without the Black Panther, the rebel Maroons are outgunned. Not one, but two Wakandas will fall if they fail. The galaxy hangs on a thread!

On Comics Ground - Aaron Jones Mar 9, 2020

This issue advances the story of the all-out war between the forces of Wakanda Prime and the liberated Maroons against the symbiote King N'Jadaka and his galactic forces. As the battle wages on, we get some much needed background on Nakia and why she fights the fight. Shuri is holding the reins and holding her own against Imperial forces but has to call in some back-up. The end will blow you away. Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Chase Magnett Feb 26, 2020

Aerial battles (and, similarly, space-bound ones) can be difficult to illustrate in comics, and that's the core issue with Black Panther #21. Read Full Review

Spacey Medicine Apr 23, 2020

I feel like maybe I’m too dumb for comics but I had a really tough time with this one, I think it was a combination of the flashbacks and the uniforms that really threw me off.

Gizmo Jun 13, 2020

A very Star Trek-esque issue that expands on the interesting backstory of Nakia.

EDiakota Feb 29, 2020

" Forgive my tardiness. But it takes some time to build a rapport with so many fields of energy... And so many systems of life support... And so many microclimates. "
    - STORM

Kalaoui Mar 3, 2020

The ideas are there but the execution and the art killed this issue. Coates tries to swerve back to some earlier scenes with deflective ideas onto the reader but just ended up losing me as it didn't land as he hoped. The art was OK but the lack of movement and energy in these scenes made them fall flat as there was no urgency or sense of direction to the characters or galactic ships. Don't get me wrong, the art was descent but it didn't fit the big galactic scenes and it lacked the right touches to deliver the message of the narrative. Acuna gets criticized for his art and how it's static by some people (I don't know why) but his galactic fights and drama scenes always have energy and I can feel them. Anyway Acuna is coming back to finish t more

YourGreenMuse Feb 28, 2020

I gotta be honest, I don't think I followed most of this issue. I just want this space arc to be done already. The dialogue this time around was especially stilted. It's like they keep trying to have these smart dialogue moments, but Wakandans speak weird, so it's essentially like when a joke you think is *the shit* just does not land. Maybe like all my friends, I'm just too stupid to get it. Also, take a shot every time they say "N'Jadaka" in this issue.

Radar Feb 27, 2020