X-Men: Gold #25

X-Men: Gold #25

Writer: Marc Guggenheim Artist: Paulo Siqueira, Soares, Jose Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: April 4, 2018 Cover Price: $4.99 Critic Reviews: 3 User Reviews: 8

CRUEL AND UNUSUAL Part 3
•  SCYTHIAN has come to Earth to take vengeance on the X-Men!
•  But how can the X-Men save the Earth from a vengeful god while they're stuck in prison?
•  Guest-starring a whole lot of other super heroes!

Comic Watch - Steve Batley Apr 7, 2018

The art here really showcases the talents of Sequiera and Luiz on pencils, Smith and Olazaba on inks and also last but not least Prianto, Tartaglia, and Fernandez with some dazzling colors. This whole team seems to really get their teeth into the action. Read Full Review

Bleeding Cool - Joshua Davison Apr 5, 2018

X-Men: Gold #25 is a fun one-off issue for the series. It brings back a fairly obscure villain and unites the teams of Gold in a big boss battle-style showdown. The art team does some great work to boot, and I can recommend this one. Check it out. Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Jamie Lovett Apr 4, 2018

X-Men Gold #25 loses all sense of narrative causality. Read Full Review

Busterhasviews Apr 6, 2018

Must say the art made this issue for me.

SloboSOY Apr 5, 2018

I wanted to see the new team of X-men promised in the cover. I didn't like the beginning of Gold and leave after issue 2.
    I was surprised to see the X-men in prison. That remembering me of the Jurgens/Perez story. But there was some stupide moment.
    Storm in some sort of catatonia ... Didn't she have deal with her claustrophobia before ? ... Then with no explanation turning so powerfull that she can use her power with a dampener (Even if that remember the time Doom transform her as statue, that didn't seem right).
    I liked poor Megan & captain britain moment even if they are much more powerfull that seen there.
    And did the writer mock Rogue leadership. For good sake she was a leader before in the x-men & in avengers. That make me angry. And I didn't even talk about her been KO like that ... It's just stupid !
    And poor pyro. Why letting him in the team just for doing nothing. And what hammer is that. I believed in the one of Brutal Thor/Ultimate Thor but it seem not. How many hammer exist seriously ? It's become a joke !

Cover - Nice & this his one of the character of the story. But not really the character with more showtime. 1.5/2
    Story - Some part is good, and some not so much. It's even sometime catastrophically laughing ! 2/3
    Arts - At least their is the arts. But as a fellow "Parisien" I don't recognize Paris. That would be nice the artist take time with internet to see real street in paris. And some real view of it and not putting some monument where they don't have to be ! 2/3
    Feeling - If blue succeeded to give me the need to follow & catch up, gold give me the need to run far away. And a bubble with only "Courir" is laughable. A little effort on the french would be appreciated ... 0/2

Billyndo Apr 4, 2018

In this comic, thing simply happen with no reason at all. Stormcaster enters in the narrative without any previouse plot, it just enters. And the villain is extremely obscene.

mglsts Apr 5, 2018