Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #15

Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #15

Writer: Peter David Artist: Will Sliney Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: March 14, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 1 User Reviews: 4

•  Hotel Inferno towers above the ruined Las Vegas skyline.
•  BEN REILLY allies with new friends and old enemies to battle the forces of MEPHISTO - but what insidious deals has the demon struck?
•  Can the people of Las Vegas - and Ben's soul - be saved from DAMNATION?!
Rated T

• 4.0 - Christian Hoffer Mar 14, 2018

This issue is a totally superfluous tie-in, necessary only for current readers of the series. Read Full Review

SloboSOY Mar 15, 2018

Oh hey guys ... 4/10, 5.5/10, 6/10. Are you serious ? That's a Peter David ongoing we talk. The only writer who when he add to make a issue about a tie in of a event can make a better issue that the event himself in the past. And he each time put something in the mix for advancing is own scheme.
    So I did not follow BRTSP. But I trust he do his work. Ok this time the Event is really good, so Peter is in the same level. And he have the downside to go second. We already have seen Ben in Damnation 2. But I find really funny the part in the ammo shop or how he take the concret mixer. I wonder why Jezebel (Link to Blue Marvel) abduct someone to assure the help of Ben, but I think Peter will explain that. I have faith in the man.

Cover - Fun & link to damnation in a way. 2/2
    Writing - I find it ok. For now Peter installs the character in this narrative. 2/3
    Arts - Like for the previous issue, I am not found of the art. But that do the work. 2/3
    Feeling - I'm less harsh than you. I have faith in Peter David. 1/2

DDJamesB Mar 15, 2018

This was an ok issue and nothing more. It has some pretty good art, but just barely passes as a serviceable and needed tie in.

RustonLF Mar 15, 2018

I have only picked up a few issues of Scarlet Spider here and there and usually enjoy what I read. I picked up this one because I am reading the Damnation limited series and was curious about the tie in. Like the Doctor Strange issues this one tries to explain what Ben is up to before his appearance in Damnation number one. It tried to explain why Scarlet Spider is dressed like Punisher cosplay in that issue, but with a story that is not as interesting. I imagine it has to be off putting for regular readers who got a quick explanation and then was thrown into the tie in. Knowing what was going on this still didn't really do anything for me. This is one you can skip.

MKW69 Mar 17, 2018

Only Problem is that it doesn't connect well with Damnation 2.