Black Bolt #11

Black Bolt #11

Writer: Saladin Ahmed Artist: Christian Ward Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: March 7, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 5 User Reviews: 9

• The Jailer returns!
•  Black Bolt thought he had escaped the alien prison where he was tortured in his brother's place. But no one escapes their penance - not even the Midnight King.
•  Even without his mighty voice, Black Bolt has a few tricks up his sleeve. But will they be enough to save his young companion Blinky - or himself?

AiPT! - Madeleine Sisco Mar 7, 2018

Black Bolt #11 full of beautiful art and revelations that tie the series together and should lead into a wonderful finale. Read Full Review

Comics: The Gathering - Charles Martin Mar 7, 2018

Saladin Ahmed and Christian Ward have, since the first pages of #1, imbued Black Bolt with intensity, focus, and passion that do their protagonist proud. My expectations going into #11 were crazy high, and yet it delivered satisfying payoffs in a practically miraculous way. Most impressive of all, it ratchets up expectations even higher for the final issue. I will be there with bells on to see how everything plays out - and I hope you'll come along, too. Read Full Review

Comicsverse - Maite Molina Mar 9, 2018

From start to finish, BLACK BOLT #11 will keep you on the edge of your seat as our titular hero faces his most challenging obstacle yet. Read Full Review

Geekery Magazine - C.J. Pendragon Mar 9, 2018

If it isn't on your pull list, I suggest you fix that. Be it digital or hard-copy, Black Bolt is an emotional, adventure packed roller-coaster that holds so much promise within its pages. Read Full Review

• 8.0 - Rollin Bishop Mar 7, 2018

Ahmed and Ward deliver a perfectly serviceable penultimate issue in Black Bolt #11 that is hindered only because it is in large part a segue from the reveal of Jailer-as-Blinky to the (apparent) conclusion of the duo's run on the book. Read Full Review

mrDovydas Mar 10, 2018

Pretty much a build-up for the conclusion, though a very good one. We get some great characterization and surprise reveals (I mean, have you seen that last page??), and Ward's art was astonishing. I'm a bit bummed to know that this is ending with the next issue, but I am certain that it will go out with a bang.

Shodan Mar 20, 2018

Saladin Ahmed and Christian Ward have created a beautiful comic and a truly-terrifying villain in the Jailer. I love the art; it's so different from any other superhero comic out there and it meshes so well with the characters. I feel like this can't be the penultimate issue in the series as there's so much more I want to see that can't possibly be covered in issue #12. More Ahura and Black Bolt, more Black Bolt's childhood, more Titania and Crusher, more Blinky (never thought I'd be saying that). Great series and another great issue.

Dispatchdcu Mar 8, 2018

When we last left Black Bolt, Blinky got taken over by that Psychic Vampire. This basically starts off there with it eating the people who kidnapped Blinky and Black Bolt.

Everyone tries to fight the "jailer/ psychic vampire but fails. Titania goes for help but finds Lockjaw who teleports her back to Crushers grave where she finds him alive.

Meanwhile, Black Bolt holds his own and somehow summons his son and Blinky as astral projections to show them images of Black Bolt as a baby and his parents "testing" him.

Personally, I think the jailer is related to Black Bolt somehow. Maybe the jailer was once an inhuman that was tested as well? They mentioned in the astral dream that Black Bolt was tested on by showing him nightmares so maybe that's what happened to the jailer? My guess is: they are connected somehow.

Great read overall. This story made me care about Crusher Creed, care more about Black Bolt, and make Lockjaw one of my favorite animals in comics. Pick it up and read!

He only dislike is the art. It's just not my style. Art is more personal and effects people differently. I can appreciate what the artist is trying to do but it's not for me.

If you like what you heard, love talking all types of comics, and are interested in joining a comic chat group, hit me up at or @dispatchdcu on twitter. Catch you all later! Peace

MightyVin Mar 9, 2018