Tony Stark: Iron Man #9

Writer: Dan Slott, Jim Zub Artist: Valerio Schiti Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: March 13, 2019 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 5 User Reviews: 13

"STARK REALITIES" PART FOUR!
•  Who controls the eScape? Who controls the real world? And who is in control of Iron Man?
•  The answer to at least one of these questions is the Controller.
•  The answer to the others might surprise you.
•  It's an all-out battle on multiple fronts with reality, the cyberscape and the heart, mind and soul of Tony Stark at stake!

The Super Powered Fancast - Deron Generally Mar 13, 2019

Valerio Schiti and Paolo Rivera collaborate to create some beautiful art and the visual styles complement each other perfectly in this issue. Read Full Review

Comic Watch - Nicolas Duncan Mar 26, 2019

I am completely hooked! If youre not collecting Tony Stark Iron Man, catch up! Read Full Review

Henchman-4-Hire - Sean Ian Mills Mar 16, 2019

The Iron Man story gets deeper and crazier, and that's just more fun for everybody! Read Full Review

Black Nerd Problems - Frantz Jerome Mar 17, 2019

I can't imagine what happens next with his cliffhanger ending and the fact that there isn't much left of Tony we haven't seen at this point. I'm hooked. If you're not on this yet, catch up. Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Charlie Ridgely Mar 13, 2019

More than any Avengers book out there, Tony Stark's solo adventure begs the question: is Iron Man still interesting? Read Full Review

Spacey Medicine Apr 5, 2019

Pretty good I GUESS.

SloboSOY Mar 15, 2019

The perfect run continue. Slott give us so much in there. We have not only the controller fighting in the real world, or andy facing a threatening Betahny. we also have the Excape with Martha Stark I.A. turning rogue. And some glimpse of the excape player in the real world making chaos.
    I didn't enjoy iron man this much since ... Well never. (I really never give a try to Armor Wars, maybe it's the only things who can contest.)

Cover - Beautifull and in a way related. 1.5/2
    Writing - Damn slott is a great writer on this ongoing. I know Zub is credited too, and even if I like him too, for me it's more Slott word I see. And to be totally fair. I hate Slott on FF ^^ 3/3
    Arts - Schitti & Rivera did beautifull stuff. 3/3 more

YourGreenMuse Mar 16, 2019

I really love the creepy, dark undertones of this issue. And everything about the 60s Iron Man homage, it was written very well. That theme song is real, if you didn't know. I like how this series has come together.

Kalaoui Mar 15, 2019

Great fun book! Can't tell when Slott ends and when Zub begins so that's good! Schiti and Rivera were absolutely great with sweet Delgado colors that nicely fit both styles.

DDJamesB Mar 17, 2019

This was probably the strongest issue in a while. It definetely took a step in the right direction and actually felt like it mattered.

egon244 Mar 16, 2019

"I am your vodka-powered doom!"

Why is it, that every time a super-hero creates a powerful A.I. it goes bad sooner or later?

The eScape players continue to wreak havoc, Tony is locked inside of it with his "mum", while his other mum is trying to get him out and on the outside, everyone is wondering "Where the hell is Tony Stark?"

I like this issue, it's use of the supporting cast is very well done. When the series first started I had the feeling that there is maybe too many characters in that cast, but now it actually proves to work, it paid off. And Amanda stands in the forefront, battling Motherboard for Tony's "soul" and it makes me like her even more.

Art is good. Both in the real world and in more

Khan/Murdock Mar 16, 2019