Gideon Falls #27

Writer: Jeff Lemire Artist: Andrea Sorrentino, Dave Stewart Publisher: Image Comics Release Date: December 23, 2020 Cover Price: $7.99 Critic Reviews: 4 User Reviews: 16

SERIES FINALE

"THE END"-The mind-bending conclusion to the Eisner Award-winning series by New York Times bestselling writer JEFF LEMIRE and artist ANDREA SORRENTINO (the creative team behind Green Arrow and Old Man Logan), with the talents of Eisner Award-winning colorist DAVE STEWART!

COMICON - Brendan M. Allen Dec 27, 2020

An oversized (80 page!) giant of a story where all the universes of "Gideon Falls" finally converge. Can the combined forces of this rag-tag band of adventurers be enough to stop the Laughing Man and his limitless legions of evil?! Read Full Review

Comic Watch - Ariel Bee Dec 23, 2020

Gideon Falls #27 is the perfect ending for a perfectly entrancing series. If you've enjoyed the ride to date, you can expect to enjoy this wrap up in much the same way: in a well-lit room and followed by a long night pretending you don't hear that skritch, skritch, skritch! Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Adam Barnhardt Dec 30, 2020

Gideon Falls #27 is a nearly perfect finale to the story that's been introduced and examined for the past three years. While it seems partially empty, it ends exactly as it should"surrounded in a shroud of mystery, leaving you wanting just a little bit more. Read Full Review

Horror DNA - James Ferguson Jan 7, 2021

Gideon Falls delivers an unparalleled reading experience with its finale. There are some open questions, but they don't take anything away from this epic book. The visuals are off the charts and worth the price of admission alone. The gripping story, compelling characters, and mind-shattering horror are gravy. Read Full Review

Micky H Jan 6, 2021

I absolutely loved this series being a horror fan. Art was great, storyline confusing at times especially in this book but still loved it. Will read again. Highly recommended!

salihcan Jan 7, 2021

Perfect ending of crazy science fiction/ocult horror series!

DDJamesB Dec 25, 2020

Theres some things I wish were explained a little better but overall it was really good and a good conclusion. Gideon Falls was a top tier comic series.

Hellblazer Dec 27, 2020

Finally the end of GIDEON FALLS. The ending had some great stuffs like its art and some panels that were mind boggling (that scene where they broke the surface and all the Gideon Falls are shown in cubes). However we cannot omit the fact that the ending was also confusing; here i'm talking about the fact that the barn is also a time machine if i'm not mistaken and also about if whether we have to assume that Danny is now host to the LAUGHING MAN or has Danny become the monster he destroyed in the barn hence his smile at the end?

In the end i would say that GIDEON FALLS #27 does end the series on a rather satisfactory note albeit it did feel a bit rushed and really confusing.

Briton Jan 18, 2021

I didn't really understand the ending, but this was a great series. Farewell to Gideon Falls.

Psycamorean Dec 25, 2020

Eh, this was fine. I don't think I ever found this series scary. It was more just a way for Andrea Sorrentino to draw cool, horror shit. And on that front, this issue, this finale, succeeds. On the writing front, I don't think this is anything special. Maybe it'd read better all at once, but I don't think so.

Liem Duong Dec 24, 2020

This was both an amazing yet underwhelming finale to what was easily one of the best horror comics in the industry. The suspense and mystery of the entire series was amazing, but that only pays off if we come full circle with the finale. And I am not even going to pretend I understood what happened here. That suspense fell into just pure confusion. I really liked Lemire making the story increasingly massive in complex in scale, but he didn't finish off as great as he started. The ending felt rush, this wasn't enough to fully capitalize on what Lemire set out. It felt, stunted, like Lemire had to end it and it couldn't come together naturally.

Art was amazing, again, Sorrentino's best work right here. It a damn masterpiece from h more

PancakeMcAwesome Dec 27, 2020