Infinity Countdown: Champions #1
Prev Series

Infinity Countdown: Champions #1

Event\Storyline: Infinity Countdown Writer: Jim Zub Artist: Emilio Laiso Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: June 20, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 4 User Reviews: 17

Spinning out from the fallout of the battle for the Power Stone in the pages of Infinity Countdown!
The Champions head to space to save the Nova Corps and stop Warbringer, but other forces are moving against them... These young heroes are in for the fight of their lives!

Comic Watch - Amit Malaviya Jun 28, 2018

Though it's simply a two-issue tie-in to a bigger adventure, this is a well-written, beautifully illustrated space adventure, with beautiful art and some great character work. Fans of Nova definitely shouldn't miss this one, and it comes highly recommended as both a great supplement to Jim Zub's work on the Champions ongoing and as a story on its own. Read Full Review

Shoot The Breeze Comics - Ian Cameron Jun 21, 2018

This is a can't-miss character piece for Marvel's wonderful young Nova! Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Adam Barnhardt Jun 20, 2018

Complete with an appearance by a certain villain and just became a blockbuster sensation on the silver screen, writer Jim Zub continues to knock it out of the park with this coming-of-age superhero troop. Read Full Review

Bleeding Cool - Joshua Davison Jun 21, 2018

Infinity Countdown: Champions #1 is a nice first step for this tie-in two-shot. Its characters are endearing, its story compelling, and the art is solid and fitting for the narrative. This one comes with a recommendation. Check it out. Read Full Review

SloboSOY Jun 22, 2018

So I was between Curious & worried about this one. Like I tell with I.C. - Black Widow for now the Tie in wasn't that good.
    But like for all the rule you have a exception & their it is.
    Once more Zub show he have a easy & closed hand on the character. He make the team-up in no time with humour & use nicely each character. And even if I don't like the Warbringer I not dislike their first or second encounter there. I also like how he use Ultron with the spider. And their is the end. Original & fun. I'm all in with the champions.
    The art isn't by Isaakse & was better than on the champions Ongoing of this week, easy !

Cover - I take the Variant, a little related. 1.5/2
    Writing - I think Champions are lucky to hav more

Wolf Warner Jun 20, 2018

Excellent issue!

Jorge Mendes Jun 21, 2018

Nice and fun issue.

CrazyforRAMU Jan 1, 2019

Sam Alexander catches wind of Warbringer's part in the Infinity Whatsis, so he's gotta go face him down. His Champions teammates insist on coming with. The pace of plot development is a little flabby, but the extra space is put to good use to do outstanding characterization. This may not be essential Inifinity reading, but it's a real pleasure for Champions fans. Pretty art is another strong selling point.

Spacey Medicine Feb 5, 2019

I don't know who this guy is and I am growing increasingly uncertain about the nature of the chitauri. I look forward to Thanos punching everyone.

Jon Comics Jun 23, 2018

Half of the issue feels like filler, as pages and pages happen between Nova receiving an urgent call for help from the Nova Cprps and he enlisting the help from his fellow Champions.
    Warbringer is a very cheesy character and he is the main villain, which doesn’t help. I’m not a fan of the Champions, and the book under Waid suffered from seeming a Kids cartoon. With Zub now, that is still the case. The approach to the characters is superficial and irrelevant.
    Still, the final twist is provocative.

Sav Jun 20, 2018

pointless. $10 this issue, this short series, is just to explain why the champions are in space for whatever final fight is planned.

the art is good. the writing is still (from the beginning of the champions series) dumb. just plain dumb.

Billyndo Jul 1, 2018