The Mighty Valkyries #5

Writer: Jason Aaron, Torunn Gronbekk Artist: Mattia de Iulis Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: September 15, 2021 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 2 User Reviews: 12

NEW GODS BRING FRESH HEL TO THE VALKYRIES!
A new pantheon emerges from the dusty gates of Hel - one that Queen Karnilla thought she could control. She was wrong...and now all the realms must pay the price. Jane and R na fight to save the gods and restore the mortal world! Don't miss the conclusion to Jason Aaron, Torunn Gr nbekk and Mattia de Iulis' realm-shaking epic!

Comic Watch - Lillian Hochwender Sep 16, 2021

The Mighty Valkyries #5 is a visual feast that strikes a balance between the high-octane and the profoundly human. Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Logan Moore Sep 15, 2021

The final result isn't necessarily bad, but The Mighty Valkyries as a whole feels a bit disjointed and rushed as a result. Read Full Review

Gizmo Jan 17, 2022

The artwork in this issue is just breathtaking. If only I could better follow what is going on... I'll just smile and nod, I think I've got the gist of it, I just don't fully understand who More is and why they are so ridiculously powerful... They're a cool character nonetheless.

Amazing Psycamorean Oct 6, 2021

I really don't know why this series exists. It really is the worst aspects of Jason Aaron's narrative tools, and I just really don't want any more Valkyrie.

Kalaoui Sep 28, 2021

Narrative wise this was a mess and this chapter just went in a carousel of nonsense. Again there is not enough great art can do to save a story. Mattia de Lulis is a fantastic and unique artist but Aaron and Gronbekk just came up with a useless and unnecessary series. I gave it a shot but I cannot trust this duo to do a good job going forward.

DDJamesB Sep 15, 2021

Cant say I really enjoyed this too much. Parts of this series were really good but, its just felt unclear towards the end of what it was trying to accomplish.

CrazyforRAMU Jan 21, 2022

Beautiful nonsense.

Is Mattia De Iulis a good artist? Certainly! When it comes to beautiful painterly renditions of characters, he's top-tier. But *gorgeous character rendering is not a comic artist's only job*. There are many poor blocking and layout decisions here that do nothing to help the reader parse the story -- and some that actively hurt comprehension.

Usually, I regret it when a good artist shifts to doing mainly or exclusively covers. But that might be the right way for Mr. De Iulis to go.

As to the writing, well, I find myself reaching for the sort of faint, damning praise usually evoked by open-mic poetry. "I'm sure you're very passionate (about what, I don't know), and I'm sure many listeners w more

DSuler Sep 15, 2021