Venom #15

Writer: Al Ewing Artist: Bryan Hitch Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: January 18, 2023 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 2 User Reviews: 11

As Dylan Brock finds himself renewed and reinvigorated by his descent into the symbiote hive, BEDLAM has come calling again - looking to finish what it started by killing Dylan and Venom once and for all. Luckily, an old friend is around to lend a crimson-clad hand? (And it isn't Spider-Man!)

AIPT - David Brooke Jan 18, 2023

Fans of Dylan Brock should pick up Venom #15 to see how he's turning from a reluctant kid to a heroic leader. You'll need to pick this up to understand how Normie goes from an afraid kid to his eventual turn as Red Goblin. Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Spencer Perry Jan 18, 2023

Splash pages really earn their place in the story this month with Hitch's ability to draw amorphous muscular bodies never looking better than two symbiotes beating the snot out of each other. Read Full Review

Afre Jan 19, 2023

I really like how Eving and Ram are using Dark Web crossover to move their own story forward, instead of taking a break while this event happens to focus on demon shenanigans.

This is the best kind of tie-in I would say.

The issue itself is fine. Not the best and New York looks to have a lot less demons in it, but writing is still solid.

Amazing Psycamorean Jan 25, 2023

I can't deny the drop in quality when Ram V picks up the scripting reigns. But this was still good.

Federico Liguori Jan 26, 2023

Not the biggest fan of this part of the story. It's a little random and generic, but not necessarily bad.

DDJamesB Jan 19, 2023

It was pretty good for the most part. The part I really struggle with is that in issue #200, the ending is Eddie seeing Dylan become Venom. Then this series starts in a way that he didn't want Dylan to bond with the symbiote. Then that kind of got put on the back burner, but now it's being brought back and it's jarring. I get that between creative teams, things get switched, but it's hard for me to follow that the end of Cates run its fine and now all of us sudden he shouldn't bond because he changes codex.

+ LikeComments (3)