Immortal Hulk #0

Writer: Bill Mantlo, Peter David, Al Ewing Artist: Mattia de Iulis Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: September 16, 2020 Cover Price: $4.99 Critic Reviews: 0 User Reviews: 24
N/ACritic Rating

THE REAL STORY OF BRIAN BANNER - WITH A NEW TALE BY AL EWING!
Al Ewing and Joe Bennett's Immortal Hulk series has illuminated the Hulk's history like none before it. This special issue reprints INCREDIBLE HULK #312 and INCREDIBLE HULK #-1, two of the pivotal stories that inspired the Immortal take on Brian Banner, Bruce's father and the terrifying conduit to the One Below All. Plus: A brand-new story reveals yet more secrets behind this mastermind of cruelty. A can't-miss issue for any Immortal Hulk fanatic!

No critic ratings have been found for this issue.

Spacey Medicine Sep 27, 2020

I’m not a fan of the older style of writing, but I was interested throughout, and glad to learn these things.

C.V.R. The Bard Mar 31, 2021

9.16.20 #CVReview Throwback :
    While DC milked Batman Day to the fullest , Immortal Hulk's zero issue touched me to tears on the eve of the original new comic book day.
    These re-prints are where Ang Lee got the idea for his '03 film from. This is where Ewing got a majority of his juice for his latest killer run that has cemented the Hulk as a do-no-wrong title in recent comic book history.
    Mike Mignola takes his Hellboy chops to pen the creepiest childhood visages that surround young Bruce Banner's abused past. And Peter David uses a chibli Stan Lee to help narrarate the murder of Bruce's father and the continuation of the generational curse of the Banner family of being deemed as madmen and monsters.
    I could relat more

Alloy Press Jan 7, 2021

Damn that was sad...If Immortal Hulk is your first submersion into the Hulk world this is an essential read and one that will keep you interested each and every page.

Psycamorean Sep 18, 2020

This was a really well done zero issue. I think both issues collected are some of the most important issues of Hulk ever, and they paint a very crazy picture that I'm sure, given Immortal Hulk's popularity, some segment of the readerbase was unaware of. There's a bit of age in these issues, but overall, they still hold up very well. If you've never read these, this is the perfect way to get them.

Kalaoui Sep 19, 2020

Well done! Hulk was never a character I cared about or followed until Immortal so I only knew bits and pieces from other titles. These collected old issues are well worth it if you want the context. Art was great and Mattia de Lulis's connecting 10 pages are excellent.

DDJamesB Sep 16, 2020

A really cool idea that was well done with the new and old stuff. I was very new to hulk at issue one of this series so even though this was mainly reprints it really actually gelt like an extension to this series and gave me a lot of insight to things that happened in the past.

CrazyforRAMU Feb 25, 2021

There are fantastic new framing scenes, but this is still a reprint and that pulls my rating down. Not too far, because these are key Hulk stories with a clear influence on the present volume. Plus, this is the first time Peter David's #-1 has been put on Marvel Unlimited.

Rinaldi Sep 17, 2020