Marvel Knights: 20th #4

Writer: Vita Ayala, Donny Cates Artist: Joshua Cassara Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: December 19, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 3 User Reviews: 14

• What has changed the world around them?
•  Who has taken their memories of who they were, and why?
•  And why are they all haunted by the same ghost?
•  Only one man can find the answers. A man who once ruled a nation!
•  But even with no homeland, no fortune and no weapons, T'Challa is still the most dangerous man alive!

The Super Powered Fancast - Deron Generally Dec 20, 2018

This is my favorite issue of this series so far. Read Full Review

Comic Watch - Cody White Jan 5, 2019

Marvel Knights 20thcontinues to be a beautiful examination of a by-gone era for Marvel Comics. Hope springs eternal as Cates gathers some of the hottest industry talent to revisit this era of story-driven, character-centric narratives. Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Christian Hoffer Dec 19, 2018

This is probably the best issue of Marvel Knights so far, capturing both the spirit of the original Marvel Knights line while creating something new in the process. Read Full Review

YourGreenMuse Dec 21, 2018

I liked this issue more than the last. Black Panther's new life was way more interesting than the Punisher's. The twist with the lawyer was great.

thecomiccookebook Dec 19, 2018

While I appreciate the concept of giving new talent like Vita Ayala a shot at Marvel with a series like this, the execution hasn't been spectacular. Much like the previous issue, this issue feels rather pointless to the plot. This focused more on the development of T'Challa in this reality and it worked fairly well. On the plus side, Joshua Cassara created some consistently beautiful pages which made the read more enjoyable. I look forward to the next two issues for Rosenberg and Cates are back on scripting duties so I hope they pick things up.

Kalaoui Dec 19, 2018

Not bad! Decent script from Ayala. Captured my interest and brought me back after the last issue. Having different scriptwriters working off Cates's plot isn't working out too well. Cassara and Villa delivered some beautiful pages!

SloboSOY Dec 21, 2018

Better than the previous issue (that's not difficult to do) and with a new point of vue with T'challa.
    I liked this story. I even think they should have start with him (Even if the cliffhanger would have to be different in a first issue).
    It's a good reading even if I wonder why we leave Daredevil & the other without any link to what we read there.
    At least we know about the technology used to make people forget.
    I find something of Mr Reese (Person of Interest) in this T'challa (Who forget who he is and use the name John).

Cover - The connecting variant Nice and related thanks to black panther & doom on the cover. 2/2
    Writing - I liked it a lot. 2.5/3
    Arts - The art is way better too in this story. more

Gizmo Jan 27, 2019

Dope Black Panther issue, T'Challa is the protector that he is whether he remembers his identity or not, it's rather inspiring. T'Challa doesn't have biological claws though, so where did he get the gloves that he uses to climb the wall near the end of the issue?

CesarCastanha Dec 23, 2018

The weakest issue of the series so far.

nec Dec 30, 2018

This was better than the last issue. A couple of problems with the art/script as the police try to arrest him, he is the first one to make a move and attack, and later they say it was the cops that attacked first which isn't shown in the art. They tried to show systemic racism in the police system but fail to actually show that properly on the story.

EDiakota Dec 19, 2018