Tony Stark: Iron Man #4

Writer: Dan Slott Artist: Valerio Schiti Publisher: Marvel Comics Release Date: October 3, 2018 Cover Price: $3.99 Critic Reviews: 6 User Reviews: 20

STUNG!
•  You wanted to know who the book's love interest is going to be? Here you go. The one, the only...Janet Van Dyne! A love not seen since AVENGERS #224 is about to be rekindled.
•  And what's going on with Sunset Bain's new dating app? Some of these online matches are just a little too good to be true...

Henchman-4-Hire - Sean Ian Mills Oct 6, 2018

Tony Stark " Iron Man is still firing on all cylinders, telling inventive, clever and supremely fun stories about Iron Man and his wonderful supporting cast. Read Full Review

The Super Powered Fancast - Deron Generally Oct 3, 2018

If there is one thing that I can say about this series is that it is relentlessly fun. Read Full Review

Comic Watch - Nicolas Duncan Oct 15, 2018

Dan Slott and Valerio Schiti is providing a fresh and fun take on this favorite Marvel character. Each issue so far has been full of great ideas involving science, technology, and very strong statements. Read Full Review

Multiversity Comics - Jacob Hill Oct 5, 2018

Love is in the air, and robots, and action, and it makes for a great superhero comic. Read Full Review

AiPT! - David Brooke Oct 3, 2018

This is a good issue that punctuates a great first arc that's certainly a fresh start. Read Full Review

ComicBook.com - Chase Magnett Oct 3, 2018

The core concept is strong, but this issue simply lacks the ability to execute upon it, making it the first weak installment of Tony Stark: Iron Man so far. Read Full Review

SloboSOY Oct 4, 2018

I LOVE IT !
    Very funny & smart. I like that we don't know who is behind the app. I was laughing with some panel.
    I trusted I would hate that when I see the previous. I was wrong. It's the better iron Man run I read so far.

Cover - I take the variant (Not the one with the cosmic Ghost Rider). Like it, but not really in relation. Maybe a little if I push it a little ^^ 2/2
    Writing - That was so possitive. Love this book. 3/3
    Arts - Maybe some part wasn't perfect. The fight was to confus. But the rest is so luminous. Love that. 2.5/3
    Feeling - Stop been grumpy, it will maybe not be a run we will remember but who care. It's fun ! 2/2

egon244 Oct 5, 2018

"You shall not pass!"

Never thought I would see anything that would make Tony Stark uncomfortable and awkward. It looks like linking your brain with a robot will do that.

But this issue was all around ridiculous. In a good way. Corporate espionage, everyone dating, action, Vespa-Man and on top of that Andy Bhang channeling his inner Gandalf. Yeah, it's a good one.

I'm still on the fence about this concept of robotics ethics and A.I.'s rights, but we'll see how this plot point will develop.

waltgator93 Oct 5, 2018

Good issue but very predictable. Art was on point. Hoping next issue isn't the same thing we've been getting for past few issues. Everyone is together, the enemy is a killer robot, Tony saves the day after all looks gloom, Andy and Tony's mom flirt with each other, Jocasta talks about A.I.s basically being people, and at the end we get a reminder that Bethany is helping the villain. But maybe next issue she puts the pieces together that the villain is mind controlling her.

daddyT Oct 6, 2018

light-hearted fun. like I normally hate. but not this time. ok!

from a base of 6, this gets a rating of: 7.
    +1 because: its fun!

ohhaimark Oct 7, 2018

THE GOOD:

-I liked the way the issue opened. The series in general has done a good job of keeping your interest as the individual issues begin.

-I also liked the Make-A-Match storyline. It was kind of Black Mirror-esque, and was an original idea for the series.

-As always, its the characters that make the issue. They are compelling and you want to follow their stories.

-As per usual Valerie Schiti gives us very enjoyable art. The characters and scenes are all very well drawn.

-The action scenes were pretty well done. Not great, but pretty good. Nothing felt like filler.

-I know it’s probably not a popular opinion, but the defeat of the villains was a clever, and well-exe more

MightyVin Oct 3, 2018